The Federation of Kenya Employers conducted an in-house training on Effective Industrial Relations for Coca-Cola Beverages Africa. The training will improve the administrative processes and enhance employee relations in the organization for higher productivity.
The training provided participants with practical skills on how the disciplinary process should be handled and how to differentiate between poor performance and misconduct, with special emphasis placed on management behavior, fairness, and consistency. The course covered the below areas:
i. Fundamental Rights and Principles at Work
ii. Legal Background to Discipline Management at the Workplace
iii. Practical Approach to Discipline Management at the Workplace
iv. Documentation of disciplinary processes: Report of Complaints, Investigation and Report, Show Cause Notices, Minutes of Disciplinary Hearings, Disciplinary Actions and Appeals.
Thirty Chairpersons of the Disciplinary Hearing Committees and twenty-five Human Resource team members were trained. The delegates, post this training, are now able to:
- Apply the knowledge, skills and principles of Discipline Management at the workplace
- Correctly apply the approved disciplinary procedures at the workplace.
- Use information available to make appropriate disciplinary decisions.
- Know how to detect indiscipline cases early enough.
- Document and archive all information relating to discipline matters.
For more information on the FKE Training Calendar, click on the link https://www.fke-kenya.org/resources/downloads-publications or contact Eric Munyobi on firstname.lastname@example.org or call through 0712-373584.