The Federation has continued to collaborate with the development partners to enhance its social dialogue strategies both Nationally and Internationally.
Objectives of the Projects and Capacity Building
• To enable members improve their competitiveness
• To increase variety of services for FKE members
• To sustainably contribute to FKE’s capacity building for a better response to members’ needs.
The main projects that FKE is currently Implementing includes:
HIV and AIDS Workplace Project (UNDP/GIZ/ ILO/FKE)
There are four main interventions ;
- Enhance Private Sector capacity to prevent new infections and mitigate the socio-economic impact of HIV and AIDS in the Workplace (and in the surrounding community).
- FKE has championed the fight against HIV and AIDS Pandemic since 1988,and has developed the first Guideline on HIV and AIDS at the Workplace.
- FKE launched the National Code of Practice in July 2009
- Dissemination of the ILO Recommendation on HIV and AIDS and the world of Work, 2010 (No. 200) in July 2011
Employees’ Wellness (GIZ/FKE).
FKE promotes the Employee Wellness component as well as Gender and Human Rights aspects. The Employee wellness training is usually an open house training that addresses key areas such as:
• Stress at the Workplace
• Gender & Human Rights
• Alcohol and Drug abuse at the Workplace
• Violence and abuse at the workplace
• Sexual harassment at the World of Work
Child labor projects ( TACKLE and SNAP ); (ILO/FKE)
1. TACKLE( Tackling Child Labor Through Education)
Under TACKLE project the “Adopt a School Initiative” is still under progress in targeting the elimination of Child Labor Through Education with support of ILO and FKE Members (within the auspice of Corporate Social Responsibility). The initiative Calls upon corporate organizations to support schools with infrastructure development, school feeding programmes, bursary schemes, uniforms among others.
2. SNAP( Support National Action Plan)
FKE in support of ILO is also implementing SNAP to enhance the role of employers through promotion of safe work for youth in the elimination of Child Labor. Its objective is to support young workers and business owners in the informal sector to realize better working conditions.
Mainstreaming Disability at Workplace
FKE facilitated by funds from GIZ, carried out a one day HIV Sensitization and HTC Camp for the Deaf Working Community in Mumias to promote and facilitating inclusive HIV mainstreaming programs among the Deaf working community. This was followed by a three day Peer Education Training and HTC Camp for the Deaf Working Community that was very successful. It’s encouraging effective implementation of the “twin track” approach to disability and development – disability specific programs and projects that provide services and opportunities directly and specifically to persons with disabilities, as well as disability inclusive mainstream development programs and projects that include employees, youth and adults with disabilities in workplace programs and general community development efforts in this region.Roll out plans to other Regions are in progress.
Please send your project queries to the e-mail address: